We highly recommend following each of the following steps:
- Trim your candle's wick to 1/4" before each lighting or once your candle has cooled.
- Never attempt to trim a burning candle.
- Discard the snipped portion in the trash; never leave wick trimmings in your candle jar.
- The wick should always remain centered and away from the sides of the vessel.
- Allow the wax to melt to the edges of the jar during each burn to prevent tunneling.
- Once the candle's gone, we hope you'll re-use it. Clean it out and you've got a new planter or pencil holder – or whatever you want!
Safety first - because candles burn and contain a small flame, so we encourage following these common sense rules of thumb:
- Never leave a candle burning unattended, near a draft, or in reach of children or pets.
- Don't burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Do not allow your wick to curl over, as this can create a larger than normal flame.
- Stop burning your candle when only 1/4" of wax remains.
- Do not pick up a burning candle or immediately after it's been blown out.
- Protect the surface underneath the candle no matter the material.