Box Wood 13cm Carbon Steel
- Free shipping on orders over $75
- In stock, ready to ship
Box wood handle, 13cm carbon steel blade.
Made in Spain. Hand stamped and sharpened.
CARBON STEEL CARE
Carbon steel makes a harder and stronger cutting blade than stainless steel, it is also easier to sharpen. In return for its performance carbon steel will need a little bit of love and care, as it will tend to oxidise if not well maintained.
- to avoid rusting, it is recommended that carbon steel blades are kept oiled.
- do not soak it in water and never place it in the dishwasher.
- to clean the knife, wipe the blade with a damp cloth and dry immediately.
- to reduce the frequency of re-sharpening, wooden chopping boards are recommended.
If your carbon steel blade is beginning to rust, use a scouring pad and and acid, such as vinegar and gently rub it on the affected area. After the rust has been removed, dry the blade, re-sharpen and oil to prevent future rusting.